Happy Thanksgiving to all! This year, Todd and I have so much to be thankful for. We are blessed to be given the opportunity to live in the Netherlands and experience so many new things together. There seems to be a new adventure every day, from going to the butcher for the first time to traveling around Europe. I am so thankful that Todd and I are getting this time together before we have kids and really settle into the rest of our lives. I'm also very thankful for all of the people we love back home. It is a big step to move away from all of you for this long, and I am thankful to know you're thinking about us, wishing us well, and awaiting our return in the not too distant future.
So, on with my recount of how we celebrated Thanksgiving. The best part of Thanksgiving here was last Saturday when we headed up to Amsterdam to celebrate with some other American expats, mostly EY-ers from that office. We ate all of the traditional Thanksgiving grub, although I don't think we gorged as much as we should have (I probably could have found room for more mashed potatoes somewhere). The turkey was purchased as a special order from a bird butcher in an Amsterdam market! Usually, you're not going to find turkey anywhere. What a treat! We had a great time celebrating with everyone. Thanks to Amanda for hosting and everyone else for pitching in!
![]() |
| Not the best pic, but you get the point :) |
Yesterday, the real holiday, Todd of course had to go to work. Too bad they don't let him have his little American holiday. Once he got home from work, we started cooking a few things that felt sort of like Thanksgiving. We had randomly stowed away a box of Stovetop stuffing in our sea shipment, so we made that up. We also had my favorite, snickers salad. And then I found these amazing pork cutlets wrapped in bacon at the local butcher. I also found a delicious looking apple pie, but we were too full to eat it last night!
![]() |
| Happy boy. |
![]() |
| Can't wait to dig in to this baby. |
We also Skyped with both of our families, which was very nice. I wish we could have been there in person, but Skype really is the next best thing.
How was everyone else's Thanksgiving? I hope you enjoyed the precious time with family.




You are right, Megan. We think about the two of you all of the time, we always wish the best for you and of course, love you! We are so thankful for you, too,
ReplyDeleteMom
Hi Megan and Todd! Glad to hear that you were able to find a turkey in the Netherlands! You could always try a stork next year!! Thank you so much for sharing the photos of Italy. Deb Hoksbergen and I were in San G when we were in Italy and loved it! It poured rain while we were there and that cleared all of the tourists out very quickly!Thanks for sharing all of your adventures with your blog....I check it nearly every day. ISJ
ReplyDeleteI was just reading the updated blog post and realized that last night I ate a piece of the apple pie referenced in the November 23 post. I was wondering how old it was as I was eating it...gross.
ReplyDelete- Todd