Saturday, September 14, 2013

Silver and Sunflowers

This week Todd was off to Madrid for work, leaving me up to my own devices.  He's back now and life has returned to normal, but I thought I'd share a few photos from my week.  The first set are from my stop at a roadside sunflower stand.  I had gone to lunch with friends, and we stopped here on our way back.


Kelly, Lisa, and gourd.



The 2 bouquets look lovely in my house.  The second set of photos is from a trip I took with the Culture Club.  We went to Schoonhoven, known as the Silver City.  Silversmiths have worked in the city continuously since the 17th century.  It also hosts a school for training silversmiths as well as lots of small silversmithing workshops.



Katja, Laura, and Sam.



The harbor.

Old silversmith workshop.

Silversmith tools in a modern workshop we visited.
Next time, I hope to go along with Todd to Madrid, but I did have an enjoyable week staying back closer to home.


No comments:

Post a Comment