Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Merry Christmas To All

More Christmas-y goodness came my way this past weekend. You guessed it, more Christmas markets!  This time the markets were placed in the ultimate Christmas town, Monschau, Germany.  You may remember our trip there last February with my parents.  Although we didn't have snow, the atmosphere was pretty perfect as far as getting in the holiday spirit is concerned.

The weekend was a girl's getaway, which was great because of the amount of shopping we did.  I'm not sure a guy would have tolerated it all.  Here's a group shot:

From the left: Kelly, Linda, Lisa, Jennifer, Hope, and yours truly.
We are all Americans (and blondes for that matter, which is hilarious), and we had a great time together.  Below are some additional photos of the town and the markets.  The market stalls were spread throughout the village, which was nice since they got very busy at night.  Even with all of the people, it was still easy to find a spot that wasn't completely crowded.


The main market square.

Enjoying the gluhwein and potato pancakes.




Glass blowing demonstration.
Adding to the charm of our weekend, our accommodations were spot on.  We rented the house below, which was located right in the heart of the city.

We had all 4 floors to ourselves!
Our weekend could be summarized like so: eat, drink, shop, eat, shop, eat, drink, shop, shop, shop, eat, eat!  A wonderfully simple weekend of hanging out in the cutest of towns.  Our group got along fabulously, and we had so much fun together.  Can I come back to do this trip again next year?

And now folks, I will be signing off for a while.  We will be leaving in a few days for a big trip.  For 2 weeks, Todd and I will be hitting up Austria (we'll be there over Christmas), Switzerland, and Turkey (we'll be there on NYE).  So I will be back in the New Year to fill you in on all of the details.  Until then, I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment