The weekend before last, I was blessed with an awesome first baby shower. A couple of my (very creative) friends here, Sam and Katja, threw a shower for me, and it was amazing. Every detail was a delight, and it was so fun to celebrate this bambino of ours! The weather that day was also amazing, 70 and sunny, so pretty much everything was perfect. But enough with the superlative vocabulary (for now). On to the photos!
The ladies and I gathered at Sam's apartment as we admired all of the details put into the decor...
![]() |
| All photo credit goes to Bart, Sam's husband, he did a fine job. |
Even the fireplace was wrapped in the theme colors! Our first order of business was eating, naturally. The hosts made a delicious potato leek soup and all of the guests brought along food as well. Yum!
![]() |
| What a fantastic group of friends! |
Throughout the shower, there were lots of cute little games and such to play. Everyone was guessing the baby's due date and gender:
![]() |
| Very even! |
And if you look closely, each person started out wearing a white clothespin, which could be stolen if you said the word "baby". I didn't win that game.
A hilarious touch was found in the bathroom, where this rendering of Todd and my child was placed. Hopefully our kid doesn't look quite as creepy.
Another game was where I guessed everyone's baby photo. I must admit, I did a pretty good job, getting only 3 wrong originally. Those were some cute babies!
Next, I got to open lots of lovely gifts. It was such a generous and thoughtful group of ladies - I loved the books (many Dutch-related), adorable clothing (thanks for keeping it all gender neutral), handmade socks, rain boots, gift cards I can use in the US, and more. Baby R will love it all.
After gifts we dug into the very lovely cake and other desserts, which were oh so good.
And here's a photo for all of you looking for the bump in these posts.
It was an all around awesome day. I am so thankful to have made the friends here that I have. And a special shout-out to Sam and Katja for all of their hard work in putting together the shower! I can't thank you enough.























Great blog! Glad to see you're doing well and get a small taste of your adventures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful shower - you have awesome friends!
ReplyDelete