It's about time I did an official house tour! We love our home here, and I can't wait to show it to you in all its glory. I shot this video with our iPad, and I in no way profess to be skilled with filming, so please bear with me. Also, please bear with my annoying voice. Bleh. How can you people stand talking to me?
In case you didn't know or haven't followed the blog for long, we are renting this house. It is located on a street called Zeelsterstraat. Quick story about our street name. People (of the Dutch variety) have asked where I live, and Zeelsterstraat is decently long (probably at least 1.5km), so a lot of people have heard of it. However, for some reason, when I pronounce it in English, phonetically, saying Zeeeelsterstraat (you know, with a long E, like my name), this confuses them. Seriously, I told a lady at my gym where I live and she gave me this look like, huh? Like I wasn't attempting to speak her language. After a few beats, the light bulb went on and she said "Ohhh, Zeelsterstraat (said like Zelsterstraat, all Dutchified). I live on that street too!" You live on my street and couldn't understand what I was trying to say? Needless to say, I now forego the long E.
Our home is a typical Dutch row house. It has 3 levels, but no basement. It has a long skinny yard. We are especially lucky because we have a side alley through which we can access our backyard. This keeps us from needing to bring our bikes through the house to get them out back where we keep them.
But enough chatting, let's get on with the show! Here's the video:
Hopefully you enjoyed getting to see where we live. It will be hard to leave this house, it is very cozy and warm and right up our alley in terms of its design elements. We really lucked out getting such a great place! Have a great weekend everyone.
I had to take a dramamine to get through it but nice post! haha
ReplyDeleteMeg - great job! I think you did the place justice in this tour. Great speaking voice - very professional. Maybe you have a future in real estate (Eindhoven market, that is. I mean over the course of the next year).
ReplyDeleteIt was great to go on your house tour! We have had a couple days of lake effect snow here in this Holland. I love reading all of your posts! ISJ
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! Nice place - and so clean!
ReplyDelete