One day, we ventured to a windmill in a neighboring town that is home to a great restaurant and bakery. Our sandwiches were delicious, and it is pretty cool to eat inside of a windmill.
One of our day trips was to Utrecht, where I've share pictures before. We spent the day having a great lunch and then walking around the city. On our way out of town, we went to check out a bonafide castle in the Netherlands, call the Kasteel de Haar. The castle standing now was rebuilt in the late 19th century, but a castle has stood on that site since 1391. The estate was owned by a family that spent a lot of their year in France and then one month at this castle near Utrecht. We took a guided tour of the grounds and the interior.
![]() |
| Entering the gate. |
![]() |
| Castle moat. |
Unfortunately, photography wasn't allowed inside, but the rooms were immaculately decorated. The dining room table was even set with original menus. It was a fun glimpse into the lives of Dutch/French aristocrats in the early 20th century.
Another fun day was one we spent shopping in Eindhoven. My shopping goals were slightly different this time around since I am starting to need items that are a tad bigger in the belly region. One of our stops that day was a baby store, called, wait for it, Baby Dump.
Any angle I tried to think of about why the store was called that wasn't good (are they referring to leaving your baby there or perhaps the action that babies do multiple times in a day?). At least the store was nice. They had a lot of everything, so I found some nice things to keep me going through this awkward stage where I'm still mostly fitting in my regular clothes. It's mainly pants' buttons that are causing an issue. Here's a little peek at the bump from Week 16 (18 starts tomorrow!):
Not a whole lot to see yet, but something's definitely happening there. The weekend with my parents continued along the same vein as the week, but now Todd was able to join us. Our favorite lunch was at Restaurant Piet Hein Eek, which I've mentioned before. I just can't get enough of the interior of this place.
| The spread. |
Sunday, we were given another beautiful day, and took advantage by going on a long walk out in the woods. The area was really great and very dog friendly. Jack was in doggy heaven.
![]() |
| Lovely lake to walk around. |
So, other than the crazy last night, the 4th trip was a success. Thanks again to my mom and dad for coming!











No comments:
Post a Comment