Wednesday, February 20, 2013

You Might Learn Something from this Post

In order to continue the blog posts that really don't relate much to what we've been up to, I have another video to share.  Unfortunately, Todd and I were sick all last week and into last weekend.  This means that we've been doing a lot of "sit on the couch" as opposed to "go out and do something interesting or fun".  Last weekend we did manage to go out for dinner on Saturday night to a new place called Mangiare, which was excellent.  It's a nice spot for some good Italian food, and it reminded us of our time in Italy.  I promise I will have more exciting updates coming soon. In fact, the next 2 weeks or so promise to be awesome.  

This Saturday, Todd and I are doubles partners for a tennis event/tournament with his colleagues.  Neither of us have played in awhile, so it should be interesting. And we'll be using rented rackets since we didn't bring ours to the Netherlands with us.  The event goes all night long, ending at 11pm, when the drinks begin.  I'll try to sneak in some shots (of the photo taking variety) of the night to show you all.  I need to remember to search for my tennis skirt, maybe that somehow made its way into the stuff I packed.  I'd like to look professional to really scare our opponents.  Next week, my parents are arriving for their second visit!  They will hopefully be getting in on Tuesday afternoon.  We've got lots of day trips planned and a weekend trip to Germany to a small town called Monschau.  They'll even be here over my birthday, which is fantastic!  I'm a lucky girl!

Now on to the video I wanted to share with you.  Our teacher shared this clip with us in class, and it does a great job of explaining the Netherlands as a country and culture.  And it's fun too!  I think you'll enjoy it.  Also, pay attention at around 5 seconds in, where they show a shot of the canals in Amsterdam filled with people wearing orange. Those people are celebrating Queen's Day in Amsterdam, which we'll be heading up for on April 30.  And we're going to be celebrating from one of those boats in the canals. It should be amazing.


I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did, and that you feel a bit smarter on the topic of the Netherlands!

No comments:

Post a Comment