Random post alert. There's a man who scooters his way around the streets of Eindhoven day in and day out. He looks like Santa. He's loud. I figure I needed to give a shout-out to this man, because he had an impact on my first month here. I could hear him yelling on the streets everyday when we lived in our first apartment. He was willing to talk to anyone who would listen. But if you didn't listen, he didn't care. He persisted in shouting directly at you no matter what. This man must be a legend in this city, because I am sure everyone knows of him. So I took this video of him from our window a few weeks back. I don't think his little phrase will ever actually get out of my head.
Do you wanna be perfect, happy? Do you wanna be perfect, happy? He's like a record that's stuck on repeat. One day he directed his attention to me, and luckily I could just tell him I don't speak Dutch (that little trick can come in handy in sticky situations like this). But I did notice he has a wooden cross taped to the front of the scooter. The man is an evangelist, and his evangelizing knows no bounds. My suspicions were confirmed when I found this video of him on YouTube with captions translating some of the things that are written on the back of his scooter.
It appears to talk about repentance and immortal life. Nice message. Terrible delivery! Needless to say, I don't miss hearing him everyday now that we live outside of the center of town.
In other news, we received word that we'll be getting all of our stuff on Monday morning! Hooraaaaaaayyyyy! I can't wait to have my warm clothes, dishes, pots and pans, a couch! Can you tell I'm excited? It will have been 6 weeks.
Todd and I are headed for a day trip to Ghent, Belgium tomorrow, an hour and a half away. It looks like there's lots to see and do, so I will back with photos next week!
Have a great weekend, all!
Have a great weekend trip! Deb H. Mieke, and I are heading to ArtPrize again today. It will be my third trip but I love it. So you can go to Ghent and I will go to GR!
ReplyDeleteISJ