Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pot O' Gold

Mornin' ya'll!  I am up and at 'em this morning getting ready for a very last minute trip to Dublin, Ireland.  I found it to be quite an auspicious sign that when I glanced out the window this morning, I saw this:




I'm pretty sure there's a leprechaun with a pot of gold waiting for me in Dublin right now at the end of that rainbow.

My trip to Dublin is actually for GVSU, which I am really excited about.  I will be doing a site visit to EUSA, which hosts international students for study and internships.  For 2 days, I get to think like a study abroad student again.  I'll be meeting with representatives from EUSA and touring the University, student housing, and internship sites.  When I return, I will then put together a PowerPoint of all of the photos and information which will be used to recruit GVSU students to do this program.  This kind of thing is right up my alley, so I am definitely looking forward to the next 2 days.  I'm glad it all came together, because I didn't get a chance to book my flight until last night at 11pm and my hotel at midnight!  I wish I could say I thrive on last minute things, but the truth is it stresses me out.

This past week, I have been a travel booking fool.  My parents are coming to visit next week (!), so I booked a hotel in Amsterdam for a night.  Todd and I are taking a vaca on November 11, so we've booked flights to Italy and hotels.  We are flying into Pisa and out of Rome, with lots of train travel through Tuscany!  We are very excited.  Those budget airline  prices are pretty awesome.  Todd has also been doing his fair share of traveling, going to Germany and Spain within the last week.  In. Sane.

Well, I'm off to pack up my backpack for the trip!


4 comments:

  1. They're always after me lucky charms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts and hearing about your adventures! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What university in Ireland? I went on a study abroad there and we spent most of it in Galway and Limerick. Did some stuff in Dublin, but most of it was outside of the city.
    ISJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our students are actually just doing summer internships, they aren't going to actually study there.....great city though! I would love to get out to the countryside as well.

      Delete