Friday, October 12, 2012

Hot Showers Trump Cold Ones

Just a quick post for you all this Friday. I am actually writing this on our computer, with real live internet! At home!  It is very exciting to be able to communicate from the comfort of home.  I did get pretty used to cafe-ing it up though for my blog writing, work, Skype, and other general business.  But it's nice to have the option now.  And I can type like a madwoman on this keyboard.  Woot!  Blog writing in record time, baby!

In other news that could be labeled as "Finally!", we now have residence cards and hot water.  Two unrelated but equally important items.  First, our residence cards.  They are our official ID for living in the Netherlands.  I have been waiting for mine, since I can't enter into a cell phone contract until I have one.  So tonight I'll be feeling even more connected with a new cell.  Second, hot water.  We've been living for the past week without hot water. I think I've taken 7 cold showers. Brrr.  That wasn't very fun. But it is now fixed and tomorrow's shower is going to be glorious.

Sadly, I don't have any exciting pictures to post for you this time around...slacker, I know.  So here's Jack laying on the office floor. I think she's adapting well to her new home, wouldn't you say? 


Happy Weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment