Monday, October 1, 2012

Zeelsterstraat

Our move was a success this past weekend!  It didn't hurt that we still have only our suitcases to move.  But, nevertheless, the transition to our new place went smoothly.  And we love our new house!  It's a quick bike ride into downtown, close to lots of great parks, and on a decently quiet street.

So without further ado, here's a few photos. Once we receive our furniture and we get the place put together, I promise a more thorough tour, but this will give you a glimpse.

Our first night, we bought a cheap air mattress and set up camp on the third floor:



We are most likely not going to have much furniture in this room normally since we have 3 other bedrooms on the 2nd floor. But it is a nice space with good views of other homes behind us.  Our first morning we had zero furniture, but we still managed to put together a delicious breakfast.



This is our makeshift dining room.  We've got a beauty of a table ordered for this space. We can't wait for it to get here!  But we did snag the coffee table for 15€ secondhand.  And the patio chairs were left in the back and repurposed for mealtime now.



Here's a few shots of the backyard.  It's glorious!




And this is the before and after of our bedroom.  Yes, we bought an Ikea bed that of course needed to be assembled.  We still have some work to do to accessorize the room, but it feels nice to have one room that at least has furniture!




We spent a lot of time moving, buying, putting together furniture this weekend, but we did manage to have some fun too.  I wanted to share a couple of shots of the awesome top floor bar at Todd's work.  We went up there for happy hour on Friday, and it was nice for me to meet some of Todd's colleagues.  They seem great.  Although I doubt their softball skills compare to the EY-ers back home...




Ok, it's time to hop back on my bike and use my new side bags to grab some items on the way home!











5 comments:

  1. Megan, this is awesome! :) looks like you're settling in nicely! what a gorgeous home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand it Megan!! I think I will move into that 3rd floor--I'll be very quiet and you won't even know I am there. I do well with dog sitting, so when you go on your weekend jaunts,I can take care of Jack!!! ISSSSSJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they are turrible softball players. Please send me more of Perfect Happy guy's literature. Perfect happy seems good.

    ReplyDelete