My Dublin adventure was a success. Although, I must say that traveling alone isn't really my cup of tea. It's a bit boring to have no one to talk to when you're out and about. But I did have lovely hostesses to meet with at the EUSA offices for one of the days there. EUSA hosts internships abroad throughout Europe, and one such site is Dublin. GVSU is offering Dublin as a site for internships starting this summer. I learned a lot, and I'll be typing up a report and creating a Powerpoint to show to students who are interested. I was shown the student housing and then we met with internship supervisors at 2 companies that host interns. It was a packed day, but really fun.
I did manage to squeeze in a couple of hours of sightseeing, and snagged a few photos of the city:
![]() |
| Authentic fish and chips.... |
| Christ Church Cathedral |
![]() |
| Trinity College |
Trinity College was fun to see, it was founded in 1592. The Long Room in the library was my favorite part of the campus. Here's a photo (from the web since no photography was allowed):
This library is amazing. The room is 65 meters long. I think I could have stayed in there all day. You're not allowed to touch anything, but it's pretty awesome just to stand in the middle of the room and look up. I also checked out the National Gallery and the National Museum of Archaeology, both of which have free admission. After checking out a Van Gogh, a Vermeer, and some intricate Irish Treasury findings, I felt like I had successfully fulfilled my tourist obligations in Dublin.
Tomorrow, Todd and I are meeting up with some fellow EY-ers doing the Global Exchange program, in Den Haag (the Hague). It's going to be fun to catch up with our fellow expats!





Not to mention travel is better when you have a companion who has a steady hand for taking pictures with an iPhone...
ReplyDelete- Todd