Friday, September 28, 2012

You Can't Steal Happiness, But You Can Steal a Bike

Well folks, everyone said it would happen at least once.  We can't say we weren't warned.  But when Todd went out to his bike this morning, all he found was this lousy, broken bike lock :(:


I accept partial responsibility for this, since I bought the lock, which apparently is a piece of crap.  However, the jerk who stole our bike is definitely the one to blame.  How rude.  I can't believe our bike was stolen on the last possible night of parking it on the street.

But, you can't steal our happiness today, because we are moving!  I went to the Target equivalent, Hema, yesterday and picked up a few staples:



So we will definitely be able to get by until our shipment arrives.  Excuse the shortness of this post, I will hopefully be back next week with photos of the new place.  Until then!  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read about the bike. Really ticks you off, doesn't it! I guess that is why you see people store the bikes inside their apartments. I am sure you will never see that bike again.
    Can't wait to see photos of the new house! ISJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the bike Megan! It was so great to see your face at our staff meeting on Monday. And Hema...love that place! Have you tried their rookworst? It may not look that appealing, but it is delicious with a side of hutspot. It's all about the food really! :) Take care, and happy moving!
    ~Lori Staggs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you had the bike for 8 days? How much did it cost to ride that thing per day?
    Sorry to hear about your loss, but at least its replaceable... worse things can happen, like when Todd pushed you in front of that train on the last trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan:

    Just found out about your blog today from your mom. Enjoyed catching up and seeing all your pictures. Rebekah enjoyed the four months she studied in the Netherlands and we have many great memories of the two weeks we traveled there with her. Your pictures bring back many great memories. Enjoy your time in the old country.

    Laura Wierda

    ReplyDelete