Friday, September 7, 2012

Filet Americain

Todd here...short post for you just to whet your appetite (pun definitely intended).  So I tried a new classic dutch food that all of my colleagues have been eating all week.  It's called "filet americain".  My message to them, as I was trying this at lunch today, was clear: "please don't tell me what's actually in this stuff".

As expected,it tasted exactly how it smelled (like raw minced fishy meat soaked in vinegar and forgotten in an old garbage disposal).  Below is the visual.


After getting home from work and feeling a little light-headed for the past 5 hours, I had to look up the ingredients.  I won't list them here, but let you check for yourselves.

The funniest thing about my research (in my opinion) was this blog I stumbled across where another American in the Netherlands describes an experience with filet americain.  See below and enjoy.  Have a great weekend all!

~ Todd

http://cyclingwithoutahelmet.blogspot.nl/2010/03/filet-american.html

No comments:

Post a Comment