Hopefully you are enjoying your Labor Day weekend. Todd and I just returned from a trip to the Van Abbemuseum in town. There was a free 1pm tour that we were told would be in Dutch only, but we went anyway. It turned out that our tour guide was nice enough to conduct the tour in English, and the other people in our group agreed to it. We felt a little guilty, but the tour would have been very boring in Dutch. We went through an exhibit of an Eindhoven born artist named Rene Daniels, it was good stuff!
I'm sad that Todd has to go to work tomorrow, it's been nice getting used to having him around again after he worked so much this summer. But I am looking forward to trying to find some normalcy in life here as well. I don't think I'll fully be able to succeed at that until we move into our permanent spot. A girl can try, though!
We have thoroughly enjoyed our first week here. We've been out a few times....
... and took our first mini trip to another city yesterday. We ventured to the city of Helmond, which was only a 15 minute train ride away. There we strolled through the market that was voted the best in Holland by the Dutch - it was huge!
They also have a pretty nifty castle there...
Todd tried to get me to stay longer...
And then we relaxed with a coffee in hand at a canal-side cafe...
All in all, a nice little side trip for a Saturday afternoon. And for those of you wondering if we have tried the fries and mayonnaise combo, take a look at this:
It's actually a lot better than you'd think! Although I will need to start running again....hopefully I can get in the mood for that tomorrow morning.
The city is crazy busy outside our window right now. And we can hear a marching band somewhere.
Until next time!
Love to read about every adventure you take. The markets are so much fun. If you want to see a different view of the markets, watch them taking everything down. We saw that in Italy and the trucks and equipent they use are quite high tech. It was like a traveling mall--they brought the goods to the people. Food markets might be a bit differnt though.
ReplyDelete(ISJ)