We have more bike news. Todd and I can officially go on bike trips together now since we have acquired another fiets. A herenfiets this time around. As opposed to the granny bike, this is a "man bike". So now the omafiets is mine, and the herenfiets belongs to RTodd. Here's a pic of the new guy:
We bought the bike using Marktplaats, the Craigslist of the Netherlands. The man selling it was quite the chatterbox and loved telling us about his time traveling in the US and how Canadians are much nicer people "deep down in the heart" than Americans. Ha, hopefully we were able to prove his stereotypes wrong, at least a little. And this pic from a sign outside a shop in Belgium seemed to fit this post:
In other news, here's the view from my seat in the little cafe where I write to you...
And I scored this massive cappuccino to keep me company:
For my last pic of the post, I can't resist a gratuitous shot of Jack. You know, just because she's so pretty.
Have a great Thursday everyone!
I take a photo of a bike in every country I visit. I have a great one in Amsterdam. The old clunker bike has 3 different locks attaching it to a bridge. I love all of the different baskets, seats, etc they have on them! ISJ.
ReplyDeleteIf I had to make an educated guess I would say that breathing the fresh clean air of the North gives a propensity to a sunny disposition. Us Canadians just can't help but be nice people. And humble to of course ;)
ReplyDelete