Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Oldest City in the Netherlands

Get ready for a photo heavy post!  We made the decision to venture to Maastricht this weekend, and this is definitely a city we will go to again.  It's the oldest city in the Netherlands, and quite a beauty.  We were poor planners and did a bit too much coffee drinking and sitting on the couch on Saturday morning, so we didn't made it in time for the English language tour of the St. Pietersberg caves; from what I hear they are a must see. But of course that gives us more of a reason to go back.

Once we arrived, we hit up the VVV (tourism office) and picked up a walking tour guide.  This led us through the oldest and best sights in the city.  It was a great way to see the town.  So here comes the deluge of photos that are a much better way to show you the city than my ramblings:

















Todd is always our photographer, and he takes pleasure in capturing me looking silly.  The best 2 shots are these gems:







I think you need a close-up there.  I was very focused.  Traveling is hard work my friends :).



I was also jealous of this doggie in his bike basket.



Too bad I can't shrink Jackaroo to get her to fit in a basket like that.  However, she will fit nicely into our new car.  Todd's employer has given us an Audi A3 for the rest of our time in the Netherlands:






We are pretty excited to be given such a nice car, and it's a great size for Euro travel. We'll surely put it to good use!



3 comments:

  1. Looks fun! I bet Todd's loving being back in a (slight larger) hatchback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see some interior pics of the A3! So sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it to your brother to want pictures of the interior of a CAR! I want to see interiors of the churches and castles!! ISJ

    ReplyDelete